Recreational License

The recreational licence is a great choice for someone that just loves to fly. Less hours, less money, you can be out flying on your own in no time. Also if later you decide that you want to upgrade to the Private pilot you can, and ALL your hours count.



  • Must meet T.S.A. requirements (US citizens require a birth certificate & photo ID, or passport)
  • Must take a written test
  • Must pass a FAA medical exam (class 3)
  • Complete required flight maneuvres
  • Receive required endorsements from your instructor
  • Be at least 17 years of age
  • Proficiently Read, write and speak English
  • Enjoy flying

Hours required:

  • 30 hours Total
  • 15 hours dual


  • Only one Passenger
  • May not fly at night
  • May not fly in bad weather
  • May not fly Complex or High performance aircraft


  • May take another person with you
  • May fly any standard GA aircraft (not limited like sport pilot)